Sunday, August 7, 2011

garlic rosemary french fry dip - thanksgiving for yo' fries

1/2 c mayonnaise 
1 Tbsp roasted garlic
1 tsp minced rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil.  pop in the oven and turn to 400 degrees fahrenheit.  roast for 30 minutes.  in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, rosemary, and salt and pepper.  when garlic cloves have cooled, smash with a knife and run a knife through.  dip french fries and enjoy!

So there is a fantastic french fry place in New York, Pommes Frites.  Michael took me there and I was so confused at the french fry dipping sauces that were not ketchup.  Prior to walking through the entrance to this joint, I had never put anything other than ketchup on my fries... Full disclosure, I guess I had used ranch dipping sauce at Chick-fil-a.  But holy everything, their garlic rosemary dipping sauce is Thanksgiving in your mouth, which is to say fantastic.  It really tastes like Thanksgiving because of the rosemary and garlic.  (In fact, I'll go so far as to say that if this does not remind you of Thanksgiving you are doing something wrong on that holiday.)  I've wanted to make it for quite some time now.  Well I've gone and done it.  And boy did it deliver!    

No comments:

Post a Comment